ShareThis

How does salt important for betta fish?


I usually add a little salt when I prepare water for betta fish. Salt can reduce stress of betta fish and increase ion to tap water. The best ratio when you add salt to water for betta fish is 1 ppm - 3 ppt. (1 ppt = 1 g / 1 liter of water and 1 ppm = 1g / 1 ton of water)

Salt also reduce disease growing rate. Betta fish live in a backwater so it is great if you add a little salt into it. Salt can protect them from disease.

When I send fish to my customer who live in other countries , I never forget to add a little salt into betta fish's water.
Yeah!!!! SALT REDUCE BETTA FISH' S STRESS. HALFMOON SPECIES WILL BITE THEIR FIN IF THEY ARE VERY STRESS!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind of salt do you use??

Thanks,
Jacky

Innovation said...

You can use all kind of salt...all are good for betta.

Anonymous said...

im very sorry to ask but what is ( ppt ) means ????

Anonymous said...

ppt= parts per thousand, relating to the amount of salt to water.

Anonymous said...

yeah here philippines so many indian almond leaves here we called it "talisay" i had 2male crowntail and halfmoon i want to breed bettas but my problem is the female because there's no female betta will sell here in philippines because the owner of the petshop owner says to me the male is beautiful than female betta so they will not buy stock of the female betta pls... help me!!! my email is gil_gujilde@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

yeah here philippines so many indian almond leaves here we called it "talisay" i had 2male crowntail and halfmoon i want to breed bettas but my problem is the female because there's no female betta will sell here in philippines because the owner of the petshop owner says to me the male is beautiful than female betta so they will not buy stock of the female betta pls... help me!!! my email is gil_gujilde@yahoo.com