ShareThis

DEVELOP BETTA FISH

Hi everybody,
Now I have finished a lot of jobs and have enough free time to share my experience on betta fish again. This month I am a bit unhappy with my betta fish business. I cannot sell a lot of my fish haha!.

But that's all right!! I am still love to feed betta fish and love to share useful information to you forever.

Today I would like to share how to develop betta fish to be a very beautiful fish.

For example , my target is "FANTASTIC WHITE HALFMOON PLAKAT"
My old white hmpk color's blood is not good enough.
I want to make pure white color hmpk with big finnage and over halfmoon form.
The first thing that I must prepare is WHITE HALFMOON MALE and WHITE HMPK FEMALE because their children's color will come from their father and their body will similar to their mother.

These are the fish (pair) that I choose for breeding ( I choose double tails halfmmon male because I cannot found halfmoon at that time)

If you choose the female is HALFMMON ..not HMPK , you will get their children nearly 100% long fin specie.

With this method...In the first generation , I get 20% hmpk ,40% halfmoon and 40% delta.
This is a picture of delta that I get in the first generation.


In the second generation , I choose white male and female hmpk form from the first generation which have cleanly white color and breed them (this called "IN BREED")
I got about 70% hmpk from the second generation.

And yeah!! I do the same in the third generation. I get this male...


This is my way to develop betta fish to be more beautiful fish than the present.

So sad but this is the end of this post.
Bye bye.

10 comments:

Steven92 said...

oh yea i didn't understand what u was talking about the in breed part what do u do can u explain more to me..

Innovation said...

Inbreed is...
The male and female come from the same sibling and the same generation...and you spawn them.

Steven92 said...

oh ok so it is the 3rd generation..the last picture

Fung said...

If I want to develop black color body and red color all fins HMPK. Where should I start with?

Is it impossible or will it take a long time to succeed?

Anticipating your reply and thank you in advance.

Innovation said...

Hi Fung,
If you want to develop your betta fish to be a pure black color and a pure red color, you should find the male that has pure black and pure red color to spawn with your black and red female.

And select their children that has beautiful color that you want and inbreed. You will get a pure black and a pure red color (at least 10-15%) in the second generation.

Please see my black hmpk and red hmpk by follow this link :
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashmp&1262856768

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashmp&1262856089

Fung said...

Dear Mr. Innovation,

Many thanks indeed for your immediate reply.

I think you got me wrong. I want to develop the fish to be black color for the fish body and red color for all fins; caudal, dorsal, anal, ventral and pectorial fins.

I sketch herewith the diagram for your kind reference:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4504/image017a.jpg

Fung said...

Thousand apologies for the broken link in the previous comment. This is the new link to the sketch:

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/image017iy.jpg/

Thank you.

Innovation said...

Hi Fung,
I see your sketch picture already.
That is 1 of million of betta fish.
I don't know how to make it.

Fung said...

Mr. Innovation,

Thanks for your reply of which shared your knowledge & experience.

I had seen once in aquabid this black body red fins hmpk but forgot from which supplier. I like this color of fish, if you have a friend in Thailand can supply a pair please favour to advise me fbh777@hotmail.com

Best regards.
Fung

Unknown said...

how do i get an indigo bodied betta with a yellow lined tail?